CloudApps is committed to promoting sustainability. We recognise that all firms and individuals have an important role to play in reducing negative environmental impacts and specifically tackling climate change. As such, concern for the environment and the promotion of a broader sustainability agenda are integral to CloudApps activities and the management of the organisation. We aim to follow and to promote good sustainability practice, to reduce the environmental impacts of all our activities and to help our clients and partners to do the same.
We have developed the CloudApps Sustainability Policy, which comprises a set of principles, operating procedures and business targets.
Our Sustainability Policy is based upon the following principles:
- To comply with, and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- To integrate sustainability considerations into all our business decisions.
- To ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
- To minimise the impact on sustainability of all office and transportation activities.
- To make clients and suppliers aware of our Sustainability Policy, and encourage them to adopt sound sustainable management practices.
- To review, annually report, and to continually strive to improve our sustainability performance.
In order to put these principles into action and to reduce our negative environmental impacts as a firm and as individuals, CloudApps implements the following procedures:
Minimising carbon emissions from travel
- Where possible, employees should use public transport, walk or cycle to attend meetings, apart from in exceptional circumstances where this is impractical and/or cost prohibitive.
- Wherever possible, employees use clean-tech vehicles rather than traditionally powered cars and aircraft
- All employee air travel requires CEO sign-off and is subject to review to determine if alternative travel arrangements have been explored
- Wherever possible, employee travel within the UK or mainland Europe, within a 500km radius, will be undertaken by train
- CloudApps shall provide employees with technology options that provide an alternative that can avoid the need to physically travel to meetings, including teleconferencing, web cams, and the efficient timing of meetings to avoid multiple trips.
- CloudApps will reduce the need for our staff to travel by supporting alternative working arrangements, including home working
- CloudApps will promote the use of public transport by locating our offices in accessible locations.
Minimise water consumption, waste & maximise recycling
- CloudApps believes that the consumption of bottled water in an office or hospitality context is unnecessary. We use mains water in our office environments and request that venues to do the same for all CloudApps events and meetings.
- Minimise our use of paper and other office consumables, for example by double-siding all paper used.
- As far as possible arrange for the reuse or recycling of all waste, including paper, computer supplies and redundant equipment.
- Reduce the energy consumption of office equipment by purchasing energy efficient equipment and employing good housekeeping (switching off equipment that is not in use).
- CloudApps seeks to build and deliver its sustainability solutions on the most resource efficient computing platform (Force.com)
- CloudApps undertakes regular annual employee awareness sessions to ensure every employee adheres to our sustainability policy
- Wherever possible we source products and services from suppliers with a sustainability policy. This primarily covers printing supplies, stationery, computing equipment and business travel.
- CloudApps requests that every employee takes account of sustainability issues in their advice to clients.
- CloudApps will include a copy of our Sustainability Policy in all our proposals to clients.
Reporting our progress
- CloudApps will use our own sustainability and emissions management solution to monitor our impact in real-time and identify potential sustainability opportunities.
- CloudApps will report annually our environmental impact and progress against sustainability goals.
CloudApps Sustainability Targets
- Reduce scope 3 emissions per employee by 15% by 2015 against a 2010 baseline
- Increase volunteering hours donated per employee to 100% of allocated quota by 2015
- Maintain scope 1&2 emissions per employee to 2010 baseline level