Salesforce.com Case Study
CloudApps Sustains Salesforce.com as World’s Greenest Cloud Platform
Industry, Geography & Size
- Hi-Tech – Cloud Computing Market Leader
- Global, covering operations in US, South America, Europe, Asia
- 70+ Sites
- 1300+ Sources
- 8000+ Employees
- With a stated carbon emission of 0.09g of CO2 per transaction, salesforce.com is the world’s most energy efficient cloud-computing platform, using up to 95% less energy than traditional computing.
- In order to maintain its outstanding efficiency, salesforce.com’s executive team has committed to measuring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) across energy consumption, waste disposal, water and employee travel using CloudApps Sustainability Suite.
Following a competitive review and pilot programme, the world’s largest enterprise cloud vendor selected CloudApps Sustainability suite, as its global system of record for all salesforce.com sustainability data. A major factor in the decision to deploy CloudApps was the ability to use Social Media techniques to engage employees across salesforce.com’s workforce.
CloudApps’ SuMo employee engagement application allows salesforce.com personnel to participate directly in the organization’s sustainability efforts by suggesting cost-saving tactics via an easy-to-use widget deployed on every employee’s desktop.
Salesforce.com’s team uses CloudApps to monitor the operational impacts and that of its products and services, measuring some 1300 sources globally, allowing salesforce.com to automate the delivery of its 2011 Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) report submission. CloudApps collects data from sources as diverse as HR travel and expense systems, waste disposal service providers, and even smart meters, in salesforce.com office facilities and data centers.
- CloudApps, the enterprise application leader in sustainability, has confirmed salesforce.com, as the world’s greenest cloud computing company. The CDP report scored a 91% rating on disclosure and a B rating on performance, propelling salesforce.com to the top of the CDP leader board, second only in the technology sector to Cisco and above other cloud vendors such as Google and enterprise IT giants IBM and HP.
- Globally, sustainability reports flow upwards to executives and back down to the front-line decision makers to exchange ideas and track progress against the company’s global targets.
CloudApps is central to salesforce.com’s sustainability strategy, helping our teams suggest and act on the green innovations.
– Sue Amar, Senior Manager of sustainability at salesforce.com
This is the largest and most transparent commitment to sustainability in enterprise technology so far and we are proud to be able to help salesforce.com. From the start, we were impressed with the demonstrable commitment of salesforce.com’s leadership team to sustainability.
–Peter Grant, CEO of CloudApps