LA Fitness Case Study
LA Fitness Shapes Up CRC Disclosure Reporting With CloudApps
Industry, Geography & Size
- 85 Gyms + Supporting Offices
- 220,000 Members
- Move away from cumbersome and error-prone spreadsheets to deliver an automated CRC disclosure reporting solution
- Collate energy and cost data from 85 gyms and supporting office buildings nationwide
- Track management KPIs and intensity metrics by Geography, Business Division, Gym, Member and Member Entry Card Swipes
LA fitness uses CloudApps Sustainability Suite to deliver proactive monitoring of its energy consumption, energy cost and the resulting carbon emissions across its estate of 85 health clubs in the UK and Ireland. CloudApps also enables LA fitness to comply with the UK Carbon Reduction (CRC) regulations.
Just like it does for its clients, LA Fitness can compare the relative performance of its clubs across multiple metrics, allowing it to target energy efficiency programmes where they will achieve the greatest impact.
- Following the deployment of CloudApps, LA fitness has set a target to cut energy consumption across its operations by between 10-15% across the next 3 years
- CRC Annual and Footprint compliance reports are automatically generated ready for submission, saving considerable manpower
- The accurate modelling and calculation of the CRC 90% coverage rule avoids the need to pay for unnecessary carbon allowances
- Flexible analytics delivers the ability to track required management KPIs and intensity metrics
We are conscious of our responsibility to protect the environment as well as ensuring we keep the costs of running our clubs as low as possible for our members – CloudApps allows us to do this. Following discussions with CloudApps we feel it’s totally feasible for LA fitness to cut its energy use by between 10% and 15% over the next three to five years.
– Ross Chester, CFO LA Fitness
The rapid customer take-up of our Summer’10 release by sector leaders such as LA fitness is very encouraging. Using CloudApps Carbon, LA fitness staff and customers manage the global environmental impact of their facilities while improving their individual health.
– Peter Grant, CEO CloudApps