Ashridge Sustainability Case Study
CloudApps Grades Ashridge Business School’s Sustainability
Industry, Geography & Size
- Education & Business Services
- 2 Sites
- 150 Sources
- 70 Key Reporting Metrics
- Automate the generation of Ashridge Business School’s annual CDP report
- Manage to aggressive sustainability targets covering over 70 metrics:
- Carbon emission reductions compared with a 2006 baseline
- Recycling & waste reduction
- Responsible food sourcing
- Incorporate sustainability across Ashridge learning programs
- Assess current impact by department and allocate appropriate budgets and targets
- Cater for complex data set that includes supply chain emissions
Ashridge Business School is working with CloudApps sustainability software to monitor and assess all aspects of its sustainability footprint, to precisely identify energy usage and trends, in the effort to achieve outstanding sustainability standards.
p>The CloudApps technology is used to monitor and assess usage of electricity, fuel, waste, water and associated carbon emissions right across Ashridge’s campus. CloudApps captures and allocates both consumption and costs for heating, cooling and lighting as well as those for corporate travel from the college’s faculty, students and non-academic staff.
CloudApps further enables Ashridge to prepare its annual CDP disclosure report.
- Streamlined data on-boarding and annual CDP reporting processes
- Cater for diverse source data requirements covering electricity, water, waste, fuel, passenger transport and supply chain consumption
- Set and track in real-time to sustainability goals
- Divide the goals and allocate out across the departments as individual budgets and targets
- Deliver flexible analytics and reporting that allows all users to better track to their own key KPI’s
This programme will enable us to easily assess our energy outputs so that we can identify areas where we can strengthen the sustainability and energy efficiency. Instead of poring through spreadsheets, this will give us more specific information for more pointed and flexible analysis.
In the past year we have made significant strides forward in improving our energy efficiency. The results of the CloudApps work will help our efforts to further reduce emissions, to support sustainable practices across our supply chain – and in achieving ISO 14001, the international environmental standard.
–Ian Downie, Facilities and Maintenance Manager, Ashridge Business School
Ashridge, already known as a world-class research facility, is bringing together academic theory with practical applications. We want to lead the world in sustainable education, an aspiration which is clear in the forward-looking MSc and MBA programmes we offer. Our sustainability programme has been carefully thought out, with the help of CloudApps. This means there is nowhere better to learn about the sustainable business models which our research shows will be a major feature of this century.
–Matt Gitsham, Director of Business and Sustainability, Ashridge Business School
This relationship with a world-class business school is a clear manifestation of our determination to lead sustainable business thinking.
–Peter Grant, CEO of CloudApps